Fussell leads No. 24 Texas women over Arkansas-PBWednesday, Dec 14, 2011
AUSTIN, Texas (AP)—Chassidy Fussell scored 14 of her 22 points in the first half and No. 24 Texas rolled to a 79-40 victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff Wednesday.
Fussell was 8 of 12 shooting and had three 3-pointers. Yvonne Anderson scored 14 and Cokie Reed and Ashleigh Fontenette each had 10 for Texas (7-2).
Chigozianyi Okwumabua led Arkansas-Pine Bluff (0-8) with 10 points. The Golden Lions were playing their second ranked opponent in four days after losing at No. 8 Kentucky on Dec. 11.
Kayla Brewer debuted for Texas on Wednesday. The transfer from South Carolina scored five points in 15 minutes.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff connected on 6 of 29 shots in the first half and Texas led 41-17 at intermission.
- DePaul tops St. John's for Big East women's title
- FIU's Jerica Coley scores 3,000th career point
- No. 18 Gonzaga beats BYU 71-57 for WCC title
- West Virginia falls short in Big 12 title game
- Davis, Sims lead Baylor to Big 12 women's title
- Chattanooga tops Davidson for SoCon women's title
- No. 18 Gonzaga women reach title game, 68-60
- Marist women top Quinnipiac, 9th MAAC title in row
- SDakota women top Denver 82-71 for trip to NCAA
- Penn women beat Princeton for Ivy League title
- Louisville's Schimmels inspire Native Americans
- No. 23 DePaul women advance to title game, 100-90
- UConn women rout Louisville 72-52 to win AAC title
- No. 1 seed Albany beats Stony Brook 70-46 in AEast
- Santa Clara lets women's coach go after 6 seasons
- BALLOT BREAKDOWN: UConn still No. 1