No. 19 Texas Tech women beat Texas State 85-40Wednesday, Nov 30, 2011
Mallard scored 14 after halftime for the Lady Raiders (6-0), who led by at least 30 most of the second half. Nobles had 10 points and 12 rebounds as Texas Tech’s reserves combined for 36 points.
Texas State (3-3) shot 29 percent and had 27 turnovers. Verinus Kalu scored 10 points for the Bobcats.
Texas Tech used a 19-4 run to build a 26-point lead in the first half. The Lady Raiders led 42-17 at the break.
Texas Tech hosts No. 16 Penn State on Saturday.
- Coach's adopted toddler builds a life with hoops team
- Colorado women beat USC 75-63 to advance in Pac-12 tourney
- No. 15 North Carolina women advance over Georgia Tech 84-64
- Georgia women beat Missouri 75-64 in SEC tourney's 2nd round
- Washington State holds off Oregon 66-64 in Pac-12 opener
- No. 18 Texas A&M women top Auburn in SEC tourney
- No 23 Rutgers women beat Indiana 63-52 in Big Ten opener
- Miami women beat Virginia 62-52 in ACC 2nd round
- Minnesota women edge Purdue 82-78
- No. 12 Kentucky women advance in SEC, 67-61 over Vanderbilt
- Romeo leads Nebraska women past Illinois 86-71 in Big Ten
- Panousis gives Tech women another ACC upset, 51-45 over Pitt
- Fields leads UCLA women past Arizona 80-62
- No. 17 Chattanooga women beat UNC-Greensboro 78-44
- Michigan State women beat Michigan 69-49 in Big Ten tourney
- UConn women dominate American Conference awards