Rountree helps Tar Heels dominate UNC GreensboroWednesday, Nov 16, 2011
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP)—Reserve Brittany Rountree scored 14 points to lead five players in double figures and No. 19 North Carolina routed UNC Greensboro 91-35 Wednesday night.
Chay Shegog added 13 points, and Krista Gross and Danielle Butts had 12 each for the Tar Heels (3-0), who have won their first three games by an average of 52.7 points. Laura Broomfield chipped in with 11 points and 14 rebounds—her third double-double of the season.
Jarae Savage scored 10 points as the Spartans fell to 0-2 under first-year coach Wendy Palmer. The 56-point loss was the largest margin of defeat in school history.
The Tar Heels shot 56.1 percent to 22.5 for the Spartans, outrebounded them 48-45 and forced 28 turnovers.
North Carolina led 17-4 and 30-6 en route to a 46-18 halftime advantage.
- Maryland uses versatility to earn return trip to Final Four
- Breanna Stewart, Jewell Loyd top AP women's All-America team
- Four No. 1 seeds in the women's Final Four
- Connecticut governor: move '16 Final Four unless law changes
- Hurting Baylor women expect to be bigger, better next season
- Notre Dame beats Baylor, advances to 5th straight Final Four
- Tennessee-Maryland Preview
- Lady Vols fall just short of reaching Final Four once again
- Maryland knocks off Tennessee 58-48 in regional final
- UConn reaches 8th straight Final Four with win over Dayton
- McGraw appreciates Notre Dame women's run more than ever
- Mitchell sends South Carolina women to 1st Final Four
- South Carolina earns 1st Final Four berth, beats FSU 80-74