St. Bonaventure shocks No. 25 St. John’s 64-58Saturday, Nov 12, 2011
NEW YORK (AP)—Megan Van Tatenhove scored 16 points and Jessica Jenkins added 14 to help St. Bonaventure rally for a 64-58 victory over No. 25 St. John’s on Saturday in the season opener for both teams.
It was St. Bonaventure’s first victory over a ranked team since 2008, when the Bonnies beat then No. 21 Michigan State at home. It was their first road win over a Top 25 team.
St. Bonaventure trailed by 13 late in the first half before cutting its deficit to 34-29 at the break.
Eugeneia McPherson scored 14 points to lead the Red Storm. St. John’s was missing senior forward Da’Shena Stevens, who is sidelined by a knee she injured over the summer. They hope to have her back by the middle of December. She was the team’s second leading scorer last season, averaging 11.8 points. She also led the Red Storm in rebounding with 6.4 per game.
- No. 6 Lady Vols beat slumping Georgia 70-59
- No. 19 Stanford women defeat No. 7 Oregon State 69-58
- No. 13 Kentucky women snap 3-game skid, beat Arkansas 56-51
- No. 4 Notre Dame women top Pitt 87-59, clinch share of ACC
- No. 5 Maryland beats Indiana 83-72 for 20th straight win
- No. 23 Syracuse women stop late Clemson rally, win 60-55
- Georgia Tech women end 37-game skid vs. No. 16 Duke
- Lauren Hill makes it through full season despite tumor
- No. 24 California women beat Oregon 74-59
- No. 8 Louisville cruises past Boston College 77-60
- Late 3 lifts Missouri women over No. 12 Texas A&M 70-69
- No. 25 Northwestern women wallop No. 20 Rutgers 80-60
- No. 9 Seminoles beat NC State 72-52
- Mavunga gives No. 15 North Carolina women win at buzzer
- No. 2 South Carolina women top No. 11 Mississippi St. 69-50
- Oklahoma beats No. 3 Baylor 68-64