Vandy downs Mississippi St. 69-55 in SEC quarters
Vanderbilt (20-10) advanced to the semifinals for the fifth straight season, and the Commodores also won at least one game in this tournament for a 12th straight year. They will play No. 16 Kentucky in the semifinals Saturday.
No. 11 seed Mississippi State had the lone upset through the first two days of the tournament, but the Lady Bulldogs just couldn’t shoot well enough to keep pace with Vanderbilt in the teams’ first game in this event since 1997.
Angela Puleo scored 11 points, and Hannah Tuomi had 10 for Vanderbilt.
Diamber Johnson led the Lady Bulldogs with 20 points.
- USC upsets No. 4 Stanford 72-68 in Pac-12 semis
- Texas pushes past Oklahoma 82-72
- No. 12 Kentucky upsets No. 5 South Carolina 68-58
- No. 3 Louisville women cruise to win over Houston
- No. 16 Nebraska crushes No. 19 Michigan St. 86-58
- Seton Hall women move past Providence 88-79
- No. 9 Baylor women rout Kansas in Big 12 quarters
- Top-ranked UConn women rout Cincinnati 72-42
- No. 2 Irish beat No. 14 NC State 83-48 in ACCs
- No. 10 Duke women edge No. 13 UNC 66-61
- Bussie leads No. 7 West Virginia past TCU
- USF women advance with 72-44 win over Temple
- No. 23 Iowa tops Ohio St. 77-73 in Big Ten semis
- New Orleans women end season 0-29, tying record
- Lady Vols hold off Texas A&M, 86-77, in SEC semis
- UT Martin women beat Belmont 78-66 for OVC title