N.C.-Wilmington 55, Boston College 85
BOSTON (AP)—Kerri Shields scored eight of her 18 points during a 23-0 run to close the first half and No. 25 Boston College extended its best start ever with an 85-55 victory over UNC-Wilmington on Sunday.
Carolyn Swords added 23 points and six rebounds for the Eagles (11-0), who climbed into the Top 25 this week for the first time this season and began the day leading the nation in scoring at 90.3 points per game.
Brittany Blackwell led UNC-Wilmington (6-3) with 15 points and seven rebounds in schools’ the first meeting. The Seahawks fell to 0-21 against ranked opponents.
BC scored 15 of the first 17 points before the Seahawks closed the gap to 31-25 on Alisha Andrews’ layup with just over five minutes left in the half.
Swords started the game-deciding run with a layup and two free throws, Shields added two 3-pointers and BC led 54-25 at halftime.
- Beavers earn Pac-12 season title with 73-55 win over Cal
- Iowa State stuns No. 3 Baylor 76-71
- No. 18 Chattanooga beats ETSU 64-42 to go unbeaten in SoCon
- Lady Vols coach Warlick has broken bone in right wrist
- No. 12 Texas A&M loses Jones for season
- No. 2 South Carolina seeking steadiness after SEC crown
- No. 24 California women beat Oregon 74-59
- No. 8 Louisville cruises past Boston College 77-60
- Miller's 20 help No. 14 Princeton women beat Brown 79-67
- No.1 UConn routs Memphis 87-24, clinches American title
- Rebuilding Alabama-Auburn share youth, last place in SEC
- Brunner's late layup leads No. 10 Arizona St women past Utah
- No. 14 Princeton women take control early, beat Yale 67-49
- No. 6 Lady Vols beat slumping Georgia 70-59
- No. 19 Stanford women defeat No. 7 Oregon State 69-58
- No. 13 Kentucky women snap 3-game skid, beat Arkansas 56-51