Mansfield’s six 3-pointers helps Iowa St. past TCU
Kelsey Bolte added 19 points, hitting five 3-pointers of her own, for the Cyclones (5-0). The pair hit 11 of Iowa State’s 14 3-pointers.
Trailing 50-43 with 9:41 left, Mansfield started connecting from behind the arc. She had a 12-0 run, making four straight 3s that gave the Cyclones a 55-50 lead with 5:23 left.
Helena Sverrisdottir’s layup cut TCU’s deficit to three, but then Bolte made a 3-pointer that made it 58-52. TCU wasn’t done as Emily Carter answered with a three-point play, but it wasn’t enough to get the Horned Frogs the victory.
Iowa State held on down the stretch for the victory.
Carter finished with 21 points and Sverrisdottir added 14 for TCU (3-2).
- Father bests son 2nd time this season with 82-70 win in WNIT
- Mulkey, Lady Bears confident as ever entering Sweet 16
- Freshman forward Hines-Allen leading the way for Louisville
- Poetry pulled Texas center McGee-Stafford from depression
- Gamecocks, Tar Heels to meet in women's Sweet 16
- Notre Dame's Turner is exceeding expectations offensively
- Coach Mulkey: Sweet 16 Baylor team will be better in future
- Women's NCAA Tournament attendance up in some locations
- Iowa-Baylor Preview
- Stanford's VanDerveer, Notre Dame's McGraw to face off
- Notre Dame arrives in Oklahoma late after plane was diverted
- Arizona St.-Florida St. Preview
- Lady Vols leave home, prepare for road-game atmosphere
- South Carolina set to take next step in women's NCAA tourney
- Princeton's future bright after historic women's season
- Hawkeyes roll into first Sweet 16 in 19 years