Ellenberg leads Oklahoma to 116-66 win over UTPA
NORMAN, Okla. (AP)—Aaryn Ellenberg scored a career-high 26 points, leading No. 11 Oklahoma to a 116-66 victory over Texas-Pan American on Friday night in the Basketball Travelers Invitational round robin tournament.
Ellenberg, a freshman, was 9 of 15 from the field, including 4 of 6 from behind the 3-point line for Oklahoma (4-0). The Sooners never trailed and led 56-30 at halftime.
OU will play Gardner-Webb in the second game of the tournament at 2 p.m. Saturday.
Senior Danielle Robinson, a preseason All-American, moved into seventh on the all-time scoring list at Oklahoma and finished with 16 points, missing only three of 11 shots.
The Sooners shot 56 percent—they came in shooting 48.7 percent—and scored a season high for points. Joanna McFarland had 13 points and 15 rebounds for the Sooners.
Texas’ Bianca Torre scored a team-high 26 points. The Broncos (4-1) will take on Prairie View A&M at 7 p.m. Saturday.
- Louisville's Schimmels inspire Native Americans
- No. 23 DePaul women advance to title game, 100-90
- UConn women rout Louisville 72-52 to win AAC title
- No. 1 seed Albany beats Stony Brook 70-46 in AEast
- Santa Clara lets women's coach go after 6 seasons
- BALLOT BREAKDOWN: UConn still No. 1
- USC rallies past Oregon St 71-62 for Pac-12 title
- Women's hoops coach Patterson fired by Kansas St
- West Virginia falls short in Big 12 title game
- Davis, Sims lead Baylor to Big 12 women's title
- Chattanooga tops Davidson for SoCon women's title
- No. 18 Gonzaga women reach title game, 68-60
- Marist women top Quinnipiac, 9th MAAC title in row
- UConn, Notre Dame still top 2 in AP women's poll
- No. 2 ND routs No. 10 Duke 69-53 for ACC title
- No. 7 W. Virginia women beat Texas in Big 12 semi