Marist 50, St. John’s 64
MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP)—Da’Shena Stevens put up a double-double with 19 points and 13 rebounds to lead No. 14 St. John’s past Marist 64-50 Friday afternoon in the Commerce Bank Wildcat Classic.
Shenneika Smith added 12 points and 5 rebounds while Centhya Hart had eight points and matched Stevens with 13 rebounds. St. John’s outrebounded Marist 51-34.
Marist had only 10 turnovers to St. John’s 19, but St. John’s shot 43.6 percent from the field, including 50 percent from 3-point range. The Red Foxes converted only 29.2 percent of their shots, including just 17.4 percent of their 3-point-point attempts.
Erica Allenspach led Marist with 10 points and 5 rebounds, and Kate Oliver chipped in nine points and seven rebounds.
St. John’s will face Kansas State in the championship game Saturday and Marist will play in the consolation game against Grambling State.
- FGCU holds off Stetson for A-Sun title, 72-70
- Wichita State women beat Drake in Missouri Valley
- Northwestern St wins women's Southland title
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- No. 22 Middle Tennessee women win C-USA title
- Idaho reaches NCAAs with 75-67 win for WAC title
- Buck, UND women earn first berth to Div I tourney
- Prairie View women upset Texas Southern 63-58
- Robert Morris edges St. Francis (Pa.) 78-64
- Wright State wins women's Horizon title
- James Madison tops Delaware 70-45 to win CAA
- Western Kentucky wins women's Sun Belt final
- Army women beat Holy Cross to win Patriot League
- Cal State Northridge women win Big West
- Hampton beats Coppin State 50-47 for MEAC title
- Akron wins first MAC title, 79-68 over Ball State