NC State edges No. 22 Georgia Tech 54-46
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP)—Marissa Kastanek scored nine points to help North Carolina State defeat No. 22 Georgia Tech 54-46 on Sunday.
Bonae Holston scored all eight of her points in the second half for the Wolfpack (17-12, 7-7 Atlantic Coast Conference), who never trailed en route to their fourth win in five games.
Georgia Tech, which trailed 41-30 with 7:30 remaining, cut N.C. State’s lead to 44-42 on a layup by Deja Foster with 1:54 to play. But N.C. State’s Brittany Strachan answered with a 3-pointer with 58.8 seconds left to extend the lead to five.
Brigitte Ardossi scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Georgia Tech (22-8, 8-6), which came up short in its bid to break the school record for victories in a season.
Alex Montgomery added 11 points for the Yellow Jackets, who committed 18 of their 26 turnovers in the first half on the way to a season-low point total.
- Western Kentucky wins women's Sun Belt final
- No. 22 Middle Tennessee women win C-USA title
- Idaho reaches NCAAs with 75-67 win for WAC title
- Buck, UND women earn first berth to Div I tourney
- Prairie View women upset Texas Southern 63-58
- Ball State women upset No. 25 Bowling Green 73-55
- No. 22 Middle Tennessee women top UAB 69-59