NC State edges No. 22 Georgia Tech 54-46
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP)—Marissa Kastanek scored nine points to help North Carolina State defeat No. 22 Georgia Tech 54-46 on Sunday.
Bonae Holston scored all eight of her points in the second half for the Wolfpack (17-12, 7-7 Atlantic Coast Conference), who never trailed en route to their fourth win in five games.
Georgia Tech, which trailed 41-30 with 7:30 remaining, cut N.C. State’s lead to 44-42 on a layup by Deja Foster with 1:54 to play. But N.C. State’s Brittany Strachan answered with a 3-pointer with 58.8 seconds left to extend the lead to five.
Brigitte Ardossi scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Georgia Tech (22-8, 8-6), which came up short in its bid to break the school record for victories in a season.
Alex Montgomery added 11 points for the Yellow Jackets, who committed 18 of their 26 turnovers in the first half on the way to a season-low point total.
- FSU women reach Elite 8 by beating Arizona St, 66-65
- South Carolina holds off North Carolina 67-65 in NCAAs
- Gonzaga-Tennessee Preview
- Dayton-Louisville Preview
- East Tennessee State extends Brittney Ezell's contract
- Arizona St.-Florida St. Preview
- North Carolina-South Carolina Preview
- Mulkey, Lady Bears confident as ever entering Sweet 16
- Notre Dame beats Stanford 81-60, advances to Elite Eight
- Agbuke's career game leads No. 2-seed Baylor over Iowa 81-66
- Duke-Maryland Preview
- Texas-UConn Preview
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview
- Iowa-Baylor Preview
- Father bests son 2nd time this season with 82-70 win in WNIT
- Freshman forward Hines-Allen leading the way for Louisville