Bennett leads No. 17 Arizona State past Hawaii
HONOLULU (AP)—Kali Bennett scored 15 points and had 15 rebounds to lead No. 17 Arizona State to a 65-53 victory over Hawaii on Friday night.
Danielle Orsillo added 15 points for Arizona State (3-1) in the opening game of the Rainbow Wahine Classic.
The Sun Devils controlled the boards, outrebounding Hawaii 46-33, and built a 32-22 halftime lead over the Rainbow Wahine (1-3).
Keisha Kanekoa scored 15 points to lead Hawaii, which lost its third straight after winning coach Dana Takahara-Dias’ debut.
The win helped the Sun Devils recover from a loss to Xavier last week that dropped them three spots in the rankings.
- Washington State outlasts Oregon for 107-100 win
- Friday's Syracuse-NC State ACC game delayed 1 hour
- Minnesota tops Wisconsin 74-68 in OT
- Georgia Tech women beat Virginia 77-76 in ACCs
- LSU tops Alabama 78-65 in SEC tournament
- West Virginia, Baylor women top Big 12 tourney
- Alston keys Ohio State 86-77 win over Northwestern
- Bonds, Lewis lead Florida past Mississippi State
- No. 13 UNC women beat Wake Forest 69-65 in ACCs
- Lights go out in ACC tournament 2nd-round game
- Tanner sisters lead Auburn past Ole Miss, 70-54
- Michigan women top Indiana 82-57 in Big 10 tourney
- USC women hold off Arizona 59-54 in Pac-12 tourney
- Doolittle sparks no. 23 Iowa past Illinois 81-62
- Colorado defeats UCLA 76-65 in Pac-12 tourney
- Florida State beats Miami 72-67 in OT in ACC