Cal (17-7, 9-4 Pac-12) used a 13-2 run to lead 27-16 with 5:07 left in the first half, and Arizona (5-19, 1-12) couldn’t cut the deficit to single digits from that point forward.
Gennifer Brandon added 10 points and nine rebounds for Cal, as the Bears extended their win streak to three games.
Breanna Workman, Erica Barnes, and Keyahndra Cannon each scored 10 for Arizona. The Wildcats, coming off a win over ranked rival Arizona State last Sunday, suffered their 15th straight loss to Cal.
Brittany Boyd, named to five national award midseason watch lists, suffered an ankle injury in the second half and did not return. Arizona’s Carissa Crutchfield was also hurt in the game and had to be carried off the court in the game’s final minute.
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St