USC took the lead for good at 68-66 on Cassie Harberts’ jumper with 3:58 to play.
The Trojans (14-6, 7-1 Pac-12) held the Golden Bears scoreless for the next 3 1/2 minutes while Crook hit a jumper and two free throws to extend the lead to 72-66 with 25 seconds to play. Cal never had possession with a chance to tie or go ahead from there.
Crook was 5 of 10 from 3-point range and 11 of 22 overall. Cassie Harberts added 15 points and 10 rebounds for USC.
Brittany Boyd had 17 points, 13 rebounds and nine assists to lead Cal (13-5, 5-2) while Gennifer Brandon finished with 11 points and 11 rebounds. Afure Jemerigbe also chipped in 17, Reshanda Gray had 13 points and eight rebounds.
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71