FORT WORTH, Texas (AP)—Nicole Blaskowsky came off the Iowa State bench to pump in 24 points and spark the undefeated, 14th-ranked Cyclones to a 71-49 win over Texas Christian in a Big 12 Conference opener Thursday Night.
Iowa State built an eight-point lead in the first half, then put the defensive clamps on the Horned Frogs over the final 20 minutes, holding them to just 19 second-half points to earn its 12th win to start the season, matching a school record.
Blaskowsky was 8-of-16 from the field and drilled 7 of 15 3-point attempts. Nikki Moody added 13 points, Seanna Johnson 12 and Halle Christofferson 10 for Iowa State (12-0, 1-0 Big 12). The Cyclones now are 4-1 all-time against the Horned Frogs and 9-9 in conference openers.
Zahna Medley scored 22 points on 7-for-16 shooting to lead TCU (9-4, 0-1), which lost at home for the first time this season.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25