Samford (3-9) took an 8-4 lead but Oklahoma then rattled off 25 of the next 30 points, including eight by Hook, who capped the run with her second 3-pointer of the game. The Bulldogs, who made just 12 of 48 (25 percent) field goals and 6 of 33 (18.2 percent) 3-pointers, would never again get closer than 14.
Oklahoma (9-4), which took a 36-20 advantage into the break, out-rebounded Samford 46-21 and shot 50 percent from the field and 47.6 percent from long range. The Sooners recorded 16 assists on 23 field goals.
Nicole Griffin added 12 points and Derica Wyatt added 11 in the win. Nicole Kornet led the Sooners with nine rebounds while Kaylon Williams added eight boards.
Shelby Campbell paced Samford with 12 points.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25