IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP)—Melissa Dixon sparked a key run before halftime and Samantha Logic heated up in the second half as No. 21 Iowa rallied from as many as nine down to roar past North Dakota 88-62 on Saturday.
Logic, the reigning Big Ten player of the week after a triple-double against Drake, had six points at halftime. She finished with a game-high 21 with eight assists. Dixon scored 10 of her 13 points as the Hawkeyes (12-2) closed the first half with a crushing 25-4 run that included five of their six first-half 3-pointers, two from Dixon. Iowa was 9-for-25 from 3-point range.
The Bison (6-4) had led through much of the opening half, until Iowa started dropping 3-pointers. North Dakota was led by Madi Buck’s 19 points with Mia Loyd adding 13 and Emily Evers 10.
North Dakota committed 21 turnovers, 12 on Iowa steals and shot just 39.7 percent (23-58).
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71