Iowa (11-2) shot 46 percent from the floor, but was just 4 of 26 from beyond the arc. Melissa Dixon added 13 points for the Hawkeyes while Samantha Logic went 6 of 7 for 12 points, pulled down 17 rebounds and handed out 10 assists.
Drake (5-5) was led by Ashley Bartow with 16 points; Lizzy Wendell scored nine points for the Bulldogs and had 11 rebounds in the loss.
Iowa was only up four at intermission and maintained that margin almost five minutes into the second half. But the Hawkeyes went on a 15-0 run—including a trey by Theairra Taylor—to take control of the game.
Drake shot just 20 percent from the floor and went 6 of 29 (20.7 percent) on 3-pointers.
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra