No. 17 Iowa State beats 21st-ranked Iowa 83-70By LUKE MEREDITH, AP Sports Writer Thursday, Dec 12, 2013
Jadda Buckley had 19 points and Hallie Christofferson scored 18 with 14 rebounds for the Cyclones, who are 9-0 for the first time since starting 12-0 in 2001-02.
Iowa State also improved to 9-0 at home against the Hawkeyes under coach Bill Fennelly.
Iowa (10-2) came in with the Big Ten’s top offense. But the Hawkeyes had just 20 free-throw tries compared to 49 for Iowa State.
Samantha Logic scored 18 for Iowa, which had its six-game winning streak snapped.
The Cyclones took control with a 13-0 run late in the first half. They later extended a 13-point lead to 52-32 with 15:16 left.
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Old Dominion 95-49
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70