CS Northridge women beat USC 65-64 on free throwWednesday, Dec 11, 2013
Cinnamon Lister added 11 points, Bernadette Fong had 10, and Camille Mahlknecht grabbed 10 rebounds for the Matadors (3-7).
Alexyz Vaioletama had 21 points and 18 rebounds for her first career double-double for the Trojans (5-4). Cassie Harberts had 18 points and 12 rebounds, and Ariya Crook added 19 points. They dominated the boards, 47-34, but had 17 turnovers which led to 15 points for the Matadors.
After Sharpe’s free throw, USC got the rebound. Crook lofted a runner in the lane that fell short of the rim and Vaioletama tried to tip the ball in backwards, but it rolled off the rim as time expired.
The Trojans endured a 5-minute stretch without a field goal until Harberts scored in the paint to leave them trailing 58-54. The Matadors led 64-61 when Crook tied the game on a 3-pointer with 33 seconds to go.
USC was just 10 of 21 from the free throw line, while the Matadors were 9 of 12.
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 15 Duke women roll over Texas State 85-34 in Cancun
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37
- Disterhoft leads No. 25 Iowa women to 64-50 win over Houston
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34