No. 12 South Carolina rolls past Charlotte 76-61Sunday, Dec 8, 2013
Welch was 7 of 9 from the floor (77.8 percent) while Ibiam shot 50 percent (7 of 14). Wilka Montout came off the bench to score the sole 3-pointer for South Carolina (9-0).
The Gamecocks scored 25 points from the free throw line after Charlotte stacked up 23 fouls. Tiffany Mitchell shot a perfect 7 of 7 from the line. Charlotte made 10 free throws on just 12 attempts.
The 49ers led by two points midway through the first, and trailed by just one point at the break. South Carolina made 15 points on free throws in the second half.
Ny Hammonds scored 14 and Kira Gordon finished with 13 for the 49ers (4-5).
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- Alston helps Ohio State women beat Wagner 106-47