IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP)—Melissa Dixon scored 24 points, Bethany Doolittle 17 and No. 25 Iowa sank a record 17 3-pointers in a 95-47 defeat of Idaho State Saturday afternoon.
Iowa, on a six-game win streak, move to 10-1, its best start in three seasons (12-1, 2010-11).
Dixon and Doolittle set the tone from the start, when Dixon missed a 3-pointer on the first shot of the game and Doolittle rebounded and hit a jumper. Theairra Taylor added 16 points. Doolittle 10 had rebounds, Dixon hit 6 of 11 3-pointers.
The Bengals (2-5, 0-5 on the road) led 6-5 on a 3-pointer from Lindsey Reed but Iowa took the lead right back and marched away on a 10-1 run and never trailed again.
Reed finished with 9 points on 3-for-10 3-point shooting for Idaho State and Rebecca Schrimpsher had a team-high 11. The Bengals hit just 14 of 65 shots.
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- Alston helps Ohio State women beat Wagner 106-47