It was Gray’s two free throws with 23 seconds left in regulation that allowed Cal (6-2) to tie the game. She also grabbed a rebound with five seconds to go when the Tigers missed a chance to win.
Pacific (4-3) took an early lead in overtime on two Kendall Kenyon free throws but Cal countered with two from Afure Jemerigbe before Gray’s tie-breaking jumper as both teams struggled down the stretch.
Kenyon had a career high 29 points for the Tigers and grabbed 16 rebounds. Madison Parrish added 11 points and eight assists and KiKi Moore had 10 points, nine rebounds and seven assists.
Eight of Gray’s rebounds were on the offensive end. Brittany Boyd added 16 points, nine rebounds, five assists and five steals.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25