IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP)—Melissa Dixon scored seven of her game-high 27 points in the final 1:22 as No. 25 Iowa came back to defeat 22nd-ranked and previously unbeaten Syracuse 97-91 in the Big Ten/ACC challenge Thursday night.
Dixon hit all 27 points—on 7 of 11 3-pointers—after halftime as Iowa (9-1) clawed back from a 47-37 gap.
Bethany Doolittle scored a career-high 25 for the Hawkeyes, Samantha Logic added 14 and Kali Peschel 10 with eight rebounds.
The Hawkeyes hadn’t led since 12:06 of the first half when a Dixon 3 brought them to 71-69, and then Peschel grabbed a defensive rebound and scored for a 72-71 lead.
Syracuse (8-1) was led by 25 points on 10-for-13 shooting from Brittney Sykes, who also hauled down 10 boards. Sykes scored 10 of her points in the final 7:14 as she and Iowa’s Dixon and Logic traded baskets and the lead.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49