Griffin came off the bench to shoot 50 percent from the field and behind the arc (4 of 8) in the opening round of Georgia State University’s Thanksgiving Invitational. Erica Ford finished with 10 points and a game-high 11 rebounds for the Lady Bulldogs (7-0).
Georgia jumped out to a 17-point lead by the end of the first half, and only outscored the Colonels by three points in the second. George Washington trailed by 31 with 5:26 left to play, but went on a 14-5 run to close the deficit slightly.
Megan Nipe, averaging 19.5 points per game this season, shot just 2 of 8 from the field and was held to seven points for the Colonials (3-2), whose only other loss came against No. 8 Maryland earlier this season.
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71