Arizona St. upsets No. 11 North Carolina 94-81 OTFriday, Nov 29, 2013
North Carolina’s Diamond DeShields made a bucket to start overtime but Arizona State responded with a 9-0 run. After North Carolina’s second basket, 2 minutes later, Deja Mann’s hit a 3-pointer to start the final 8-0 run.
In regulation, North Carolina was ahead 72-67 with 1:01 left, but the Tar Heels missed 3 of 4 free throws in the final 15 seconds. That gave the Sun Devils a shot with 9 seconds remaining. Deja Mann missed a 3-pointer, but Thomas got the rebound and made the shot as time expired.
Thomas led four Arizona State (5-1) players in double figures. Mann had 17, Joy Burke 13 and Sophie Brunner, Katie Hempen added 10 apiece.
North Carolina (5-2) got 28 points from DeShields and Stephanie Mavunga added 17.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25