No. 21 Michigan St. survives against Temple 74-70Tuesday, Nov 26, 2013
Temple’s Feyonda Fitzgerald scored 13 first-half points as the Owls (3-1) powered to a 32-28 lead at the break. The lead would get as high as seven before MSU (5-1) would reel them.
The teams traded buckets most of the second half, but MSU was able to take a three-point lead with 3:17 left. Temple’s Tyonna Williams cut the lead to 67-66 after a pair of free throws. Jankoska answered with a jumper, pushing the lead back to three.
Temple never got closer, and MSU closed out the game at the line.
Annalise Pickrel added 18 points for MSU while Becca Mills scored 13 points to go with her nine rebounds. Kiana Johnson added six assists.
Fitzgerald paced Temple with 24 points, and Williams added 14.
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28