No. 19 South Carolina over San Diego State 88-54Saturday, Nov 23, 2013
Coates was 5 of 6 from the field and went 11 of 15 from the line and grabbed a team-high 8 rebounds. Three other players for the Gamecocks (6-0) were in double digits including Tiffany Mitchell with 17, Asia Dozier with 16, and Khadjah Sessions with 12.
South Carolina closed the first period with a comfortable 43-29 lead. They hit 52.7 percent from the field and 67.7 percent from the free-throw line.
Turnovers and personal fouls plagued San Diego State. Ahjalee Harvey had seven of the team’s 25 turnovers. And two starters—Khristina Hunter and Cierra Warren—fouled out of the game.
Erimma Amarikwa led the Aztecs (0-4) with 15 points and five rebounds.
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75