The Boilermakers (4-0) forced 20 Belmont (2-4) turnovers and harassed the Bruins into shooting only 25 percent.
Wilson opened with a 3-pointer 15 seconds into the game and the Boilermakers never trailed, shooting 43.9 percent from the floor. Morrissette scored five points on a layup and 3-pointer back to back to push Purdue’s lead to 10, 22-12 midway through the first half and it steadily grew from there.
Meredith Roman led Belmont with 14 points, hitting 3 of 6 from behind the arc. Jordyn Luffman added 10 points and 14 rebounds.
When Purdue and Belmont last met, Nov. 9, 2006, it was Sharon Versyp’s first game coaching the Boilermakers, and her first win, 67-43.
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71