No. 24 Gonzaga rolls past E. Washington 78-58Wednesday, Nov 20, 2013
Palmer made 10 of 15 shots and got plenty of help as the bench for Gonzaga (3-1) outscored the reserves for Eastern Washington (0-3) 42-17.
Lindsay Sherbert, a junior transfer from California, scored a Gonzaga-best 17 points and sophomore Kiara Kudron had her first double-figure game with 12. The Bulldogs, who have won 10 straight in this county rivalry, shot 52 percent. Jazmine Redmon had seven assists for the Bulldog.
Laura Hughes had 18 points and Lexie Nelson 17 for Eastern Washington but the Eagles shot just 35 percent and had 20 turnovers.
Palmer scored 12 points in the first half as Gonzaga opened a 37-24 lead. GU had a 50-28 advantage in points inside and scored 31 points off 20 EWU turnovers.
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71