The Buffaloes won their season opener despite only managing four free throws during the drought. Colorado State closed to within 60-59 on Ellen Nystrom’s basket with 2:21 left.
The Rams had a chance to go ahead in the final minute but Arielle Roberson made a steal with 51 seconds left. Two free throws by Jasmine Sborov with 31 seconds remaining put the Buffalos up 62-59 and a final free throw from Brittany Wilson with 4 seconds left sealed the win.
Roberson and Sborov scored 13 points each for Colorado. Elin Gustavsson led Colorado State with 21 points with Caitlin Duffy adding 13 and Sam Martin 10.
The victory was the 25th in a row in nonconference games for the Colorado program.
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75