Oklahoma St. women oust Texas Tech 59-54 in Big 12Saturday, Mar 9, 2013
Oklahoma State (21-9) will play No. 1 Baylor in Sunday’s semifinals.
The Lady Raiders, who beat the Cowgirls twice during the regular season, pulled within a point three times in the last 3 1/2 minutes but committed a turnover with their only chance to take the lead.
Young made it 55-52 Oklahoma State with 38 seconds left when she was fouled after an offensive rebound and made both free throws.
Liz Donohoe scored 13, putting the Cowgirls ahead for good on a 3-pointer late in the first half and icing the win with four late free throws. Brittney Martin had 14 points and a game-high seven steals.
Kelsi Baker led Texas Tech (21-10) with 17 points and a season-high 14 rebounds.
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28