DALLAS (AP)—Chelsea Poppens had 24 points and 14 rebounds and Hallie Christofferson added 23 points as Iowa State defeated Kansas 77-62 in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 tournament on Saturday night.
Carolyn Davis had 17 points and Angel Goodrich 15 for the No. 7-seeded Jayhawks (18-13).
Iowa State led 34-26 at the break and used a 26-13 run over a 7:58 stretch of the second half to take permanent control. Prins culminated the surge with a 3-pointer that made the score 71-49 with 6:05 remaining.
- No. 25 Iowa women defeat Wright State 83-77
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61