PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Andrea Hoover scored 15 points and grabbed nine rebounds as No. 11 Dayton breezed to a 74-49 victory over George Washington on Saturday in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 Conference tournament.
The top-seeded Flyers (27-1), who were unbeaten in conference play this season, shot 60 percent (18 of 30) in the first half for a 43-21 lead over the Colonials (14-16), who defeated Richmond in the opening round.
Hoover scored 11 points in the first half and Samantha MacKay had 10 of her 12 points for the Flyers, who beat George Washington 80-52 in their only regular-season meeting. Dayton took control with a 12-0 run that gave the Flyers a 23-11 lead 10:25 before halftime.
Kelley Austria scored 13 points for the Flyers and sank 3 of 4 from 3-point range, and Jodie Cornelie blocked five shots.
Tara Booker scored 12 points and Shi-Heria Shipp 11 for George Washington.
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54