Waltiea Rolle added 10 for the third-seeded Tar Heels (27-5), who advanced to Saturday’s semifinals to face 10th-ranked and second-seeded Maryland.
Nicole Boudreau scored 15 for the Eagles (12-19), the second No. 11 seed to win a tournament game with its upset of sixth-seeded Virginia in Thursday’s first round.
UNC won both regular-season meetings by 28 points apiece, but this one stayed tight throughout. The Tar Heels led 54-53 with 3 1/2 minutes left before Ruffin-Pratt scored six points—including when she muscled up a drive over Kristen Doherty with 38.7 seconds left to make it a two-possession game—to help UNC finally stretch its lead.
Ruffin-Pratt also hit 11 of 12 free throws.
BC shot 31 percent (18 of 59) but hit 10 3-pointers.
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- Alston helps Ohio State women beat Wagner 106-47
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP
- No. 20 Northwestern women race away from W. Michigan 86-62