Lindsey Moore had 13 points and six assists, and Emily Cady had eight rebounds and six assists for the Huskers (23-7), the second seed in the tournament.
Hooper also grabbed seven rebounds to help Nebraska take a 44-30 advantage on the boards. The Huskers shot 46 percent from the field while the Hawkeyes shot 38 percent.
Theairra Taylor scored 22 points to lead Iowa (20-12). Melissa Dixon scored 18 points for the Hawkeyes.
Rachel Theriot’s 3-pointer just before halftime gave Nebraska a 34-24 lead, and the Huskers led by as many as 27 points in the second half.
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28