Becca Mills and Jasmine Thomas added 10 points each for the fourth-seeded Spartans (23-7), who advance to face top-seeded Penn State in Saturday’s semifinals.
Nya Jordan scored 12 points and Rachel Sheffer had 10 for fifth-seeded Michigan (21-10), which split its two games with the Spartans during the regular season.
Michigan State never trailed, leading by as many as 10 in the first half. When the Wolverines cut the deficit to two early in the second half, the Spartans responded with a 16-1 run to put the game out of reach.
Thomas had six points during the spurt, Kiana Johnson had five and Annalise Pickrel closed it out with a 3-pointer that made it 50-33 with 11:39 remaining.
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54