DALLAS (AP)—Angel Goodrich had 16 points and eight assists, while Chelsea Gardner added 11 points and a career-high 19 rebounds as Kansas defeated TCU 83-61 in the opening round of the Big 12 tournament Friday night.
Carolyn Davis finished with 12 points and nine rebounds, and Asia Boyd also had 12 points for the seventh-seeded Jayhawks (18-12), who advance to face No. 2 seed Iowa State in the quarterfinals on Saturday.
Zahna Medley led the 10th-seeded Horned Frogs with 21 points, and Veja Hamilton had 14.
Kansas shot 51 percent from the field, including 7 of 17 on 3-point attempts, and outrebounded TCU 50-34. The Jayhawks led 40-30 at the half and extended the lead to as many as 24 points down the stretch.
The two teams also met Tuesday in the regular-season finale, which Kansas won 74-67 to sweep the season series.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49