No. 23 FSU women top Miami 70-58 in ACC quartersFriday, Mar 8, 2013
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Alexa Deluzio scored 11 of her 19 points in the final six minutes to lead No. 23 Florida State past Miami 70-58 on Friday in an Atlantic Coast Conference quarterfinal.
Chelsea Davis added 15 points and Yashira Delgado had 12 for the fourth-seeded Seminoles (22-8). They won their first ACC tournament game since 2009—also the last time they reached the semifinals.
Shawnice Wilson had 18 points and 18 rebounds, and Suriya McGuire added 13 points for the fifth-seeded Hurricanes (21-10). They had 23 turnovers yet closed to 48-44 on Wilson’s three-point play with 7:21 left.
Deluzio followed by hitting two sets of free throws to put Florida State up by eight. Her 3-pointer with 3:45 left then stretched the lead to 57-48 and the Seminoles pulled away from there.
Chasity Clayton finished with 10 points for Florida State.
Morgan Stroman added 12 points and 12 rebounds for Miami.
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA