SEATTLE (AP)—Ariya Cook scored 17 points and Cassie Harberts had 16 points and 14 rebounds Thursday to lead seventh-seeded Southern California to a 64-57 victory over 10th-seeded Oregon State in the first round of the Pac-12 women’s tournament.
Christina Marinacci added 13 points for the Trojans (11-19), who advanced to the quarterfinals where they will play No. 5 California, the Pac-12 co-champs.
USC was 35 of 46 from the free-throw line while Oregon State was 7 of 12. That helped the Trojans overcome 29 percent shooting; the Beavers made 36 percent of their outside shots, including 44 percent from 3-point range.
Ali Gibson scored 13 points to lead the Beavers (10-21). Mollee Schwegler scored 12 points on four 3-pointers, and Jamie Weisner and Alyssa Martin scored 10 apiece for Oregon State.
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71