Bethany Doolittle added 10 points and Samantha Logic grabbed 11 rebounds for the Hawkeyes (20-11), the seventh seed in the tournament. They advance to meet No. 21 Nebraska, the Big Ten’s second seed, in Friday’s quarterfinals.
Iowa never trailed in the game. It was 30-26 at halftime and the Hawkeyes led 57-42 with 3 minutes to go before the Wildcats battled back to make it close.
Kendall Hackney led Northwestern (13-17), the No. 10 seed, with 13 points and four steals. Karly Roser scored 11 points, Alex Cohen scored 10 and Dannielle Diamant had a game-high 13 rebounds.
The teams also played on Sunday in Evanston, Ill., with Iowa winning 62-45.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25