NEWARK, Del. (AP)—Elena Delle Donne posted a double-double and Lauren Carra scored a season-high 21 points to help No. 18 Delaware beat Drexel 62-57 Sunday and tie a school record with 21 straight wins.
Delle Donne finished with 28 points and 10 rebounds, her eighth double-double this season, while Carra made 7 of 14 shots, including a 3-pointer that broke a 54-all tie with 1:36 left to play.
Drexel’s Rachel Pearson answered with a 3 of her own but Carra and Delle Donne combined to make five free throws over the final minute while the Dragons (20-8, 13-4) went scoreless.
Delaware (26-3, 17-0), which clinched its second straight Colonial Athletic Association regular-season title Thursday, made 15 of 16 free throws in winning its 36th straight CAA game.
Hollie Mershon paced Drexel with 26 points but made just 11 of 30 shots. The Dragons had won four straight.
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Old Dominion 95-49