DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Andrea Hoover scored 19 points and Samantha MacKay added 18 points and seven assists as No. 12 Dayton wrapped up its first Atlantic 10 Conference regular-season title by beating Saint Joseph’s 73-66 Sunday.
The Flyers (26-1, 14-0) set a record for victories since moving to Division I in the 1985-86 season. Both teams advanced to Saturday’s Atlantic 10 tournament quarterfinals, where Saint Joseph’s (20-8, 11-3) will be the host and fourth seed.
A 16-4 run in the final 6 minutes of the first half gave Dayton a 37-25 halftime lead. Kelley Austria hit two 3-pointers during that run.
The Flyers led by as many as 18 points in the second half. Erin Shields and Natasha Cloud led a Saint Joseph’s rally that cut it to four, but MacKay secured the win with four free throws in the final 17 seconds.
Shields scored 28 points and Cloud 17 for the Hawks.
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- Alston helps Ohio State women beat Wagner 106-47
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP
- No. 20 Northwestern women race away from W. Michigan 86-62