Emily Cady and Jordan Hooper grabbed 11 rebounds apiece for the Cornhuskers (22-6, 12-3), who likely will be the No. 2 seed in the Big Ten Conference tournament. With the loss, Wisconsin can do no better than No. 11. Both teams finish their seasons Sunday.
Jacki Gulczynski had 19 points for the Badgers (11-17, 3-12), who lost their fourth straight. Tiera Stephen scored 15, and Cassie Rochel pulled down 14 rebounds.
Morgan Paige’s layup gave Wisconsin a 53-52 lead with 1:14 left, but the Badgers wouldn’t score again. Hailie Sample’s layup with 44 seconds left put Nebraska back ahead before Moore made a free throw with 9 seconds to play. Stephen missed at the buzzer on a jumper that would have tied the game.
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP