WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP)—Annalise Pickrel scored 18 points and Jasmine Thomas and Klarissa Bell scored 17 apiece to lead Michigan State to a 68-61 victory over No. 25 Purdue Thursday night.
The Spartans (21-7, 9-6) led 37-26 at halftime and maintained the advantage the rest of the way to post their first win over a ranked opponent this season.
Purdue (20-8, 9-6) twice closed the gap to one point in the second half, and trailed just 63-61 with 4 minutes to play but the Boilermakers didn’t score again in losing for the fifth time in their last seven games.
Drey Mingo and KK Houser led the Boilermakers with 16 points each and Taylor Manuel scored 12.
Purdue won the earlier meeting 67-62 in overtime on Jan. 27 in East Lansing, Mich.
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71