Hallie Christofferson scored 20 points and Anna Prins had 19 for the Cyclones (20-6, 11-5 Big 12), who used a 13-0 second-half run to break open a close game. Iowa State outrebounded Kansas 43-29.
Angel Goodrich had 21 points, nine assists and seven rebounds for the Jayhawks (16-11, 7-9), and Monica Engelman scored 20 points.
The Jayhawks pulled within 60-57 on Asia Boyd’s layup with 11:04 to play, but Christofferson hit a 3-pointer to spark Iowa State’s 13-0 run and put the game out of reach. Poppens capped the run with two free throws, and Kansas never got closer than seven points down after that.
Kansas still holds a 45-29 edge in the all-time series between the schools.
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Old Dominion 95-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women beat Utah 70-55
- No. 5 Baylor uses balanced offense to rout Cincinnati 72-34
- No. 25 Iowa women defeat Wright State 83-77
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57