Simmons leads No. 11 Tennessee past Arkansas 60-54By KURT VOIGT, AP Sports Writer Sunday, Feb 24, 2013
The Lady Vols (22-5, 13-1 Southeastern Conference) extended their winning streak to five games and remained atop the conference standings. It also follows a shocking overtime win last season by the Lady Razorbacks, their first win in Knoxville.
Simmons, the SEC’s leading scorer, had 11 points in the second half to lead Tennessee back from a 28-19 halftime deficit. Taber Spani added 14 points for the Lady Vols, while Bashaara Graves had 11.
Quistelle Williams led Arkansas (17-10, 5-9), which has lost seven of its nine games to ranked teams, with 15 points.
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28