No. 14 Dayton holds off St. Bonaventure 67-63Thursday, Feb 21, 2013
OLEAN, N.Y. (AP)—Andrea Hoover scored 13 points and Ally Malott had 12 points and 11 rebounds to lead No. 14 Dayton to a 67-63 victory over St. Bonaventure in an Atlantic 10 Conference game Thursday night.
Leading 11-10 with 12:30 left in the first half, the Flyers (23-1, 11-0) scored 10 consecutive points over the next 3:32 to take a 21-10 advantage. The Flyers, who outrebounded the Bonnies 50-35, led 32-24 at halftime.
Dayton’s lead ranged from seven to 14 points until St. Bonaventure scored nine straight to close to 65-61 with 9 seconds remaining. Kelley Austria made two free throws for a 67-61 lead for Dayton, which has won 11 straight. Alaina Walker hit a jumper with 1 second left.
Walker scored 17 points, Doris Ortega and Emily Michael 12 each and Katie Healy 11 for the Bonnies (9-17, 2-9), losers of seven straight.
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA