FORT WORTH, Texas (AP)—Delisa Gross hit the game-winning shot with 1:04 remaining and TCU closed the game on an 11-0 run, defeating No. 23 Oklahoma State 64-63 Wednesday night for its first Big 12 victory of the season.
The Horned Frogs (8-17, 1-13 Big 12) trailed 63-53 after Oklahoma State’s Tiffany Bias nailed a 3-pointer with 5:01 remaining. But TCU got two 3-pointers from Zahna Medley, a basket by Natalie Ventress and a free throw from Donielle Breaux before Gross hit the game-winner.
The Cowgirls (18-7, 7-7) had two turnovers and were 0 for 5 from the field in the final five minutes, including a pair of 3-point attempts by Kendra Suttles in the final minute.
Gross finished with 13 points for TCU, Breaux had 12, Medley 11 and Ventress 10.
Liz Donohoe led Oklahoma State with 22 points. Toni Young added 18 points and 13 rebounds, and Suttles had 11 points.
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71