No. 20 Delaware women rout William & Mary 66-44Sunday, Feb 17, 2013
WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (AP)—Elena Delle Donne scored 24 points and No. 20 Delaware never trailed while defeating William & Mary 66-44 Sunday for its 33rd consecutive regular-season win in Colonial Athletic Association play.
Akeema Richards added 13 points for the Blue Hens (22-3, 13-0), who won their 17th consecutive game overall and their eighth in a row against the Tribe (6-18, 4-9).
A 3-pointer by Lauren Carra gave Delaware the game’s first points after 38 seconds and the Blue Hens went on to a 36-25 halftime advantage. They never led by less than that in the second half.
Delaware finished with a 38-25 rebounding advantage and scored 13 points off turnovers to two for William & Mary.
Emily Correal led William & Mary with 16 points and 10 rebounds. It was her second consecutive double-double. She had 27 points and 10 rebounds in the Tribe’s 78-70 win over Northeastern on Friday night.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24