West Virginia women down No. 24 Iowa State 68-66Sunday, Feb 17, 2013
The Mountaineers (15-10, 7-7 Big 12 Conference) trailed 66-62 with 2 1/2 minutes remaining. Ayana Dunning hit a layup, and Averee Fields followed with a free throw at 0:48 and then a go-ahead layup with 12 seconds left. Brooke Hampton added a free throw with 3 seconds remaining.
During the 6-0 run, Iowa State (18-6, 9-5) failed to take a shot, committing six turnovers in the final 1:52.
Holmes entered averaging 4.5 points in league play. Dunning added 13 points, all in the second half.
Hallie Christofferson tied the career high she set last Thursday against No. 22 Oklahoma with 27 points for Iowa State and became the 25th Cyclone to reach 1,000 points for her career.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37